THE WICKLEY FAMILY

Aaron, Jennilee, Gabriel, and Joshua

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day Four-Skagway

The fourth day on our cruise was by far the best day! After over 48 hours of complaining about the loud banging noises in our stateroom, we were finally moved to another room-a room with a balcony! So we got a good night's sleep before the day began. In Ketchikan, we splurged bigtime and booked a helicopter tour to Chilkat Glacier, where we got to walk on the glacier. Where we landed, we walked on over 200 feet of glacial ice. The views from the helicopter were breathtaking and by far one of the best experiences Aaron and I have had on any of our vacations. When arriving back in Skagway, we learned how to pan for gold. That was exciting. Aaron enjoyed it more than me though...I thought it got kind of boring. We each found and got to keep about 8 tiny TINY flecks of real gold. I also kept one piece of fool's gold in the container so you can see the difference. Then it was back to our ship...and gladly now that we have a quiet stateroom--with a balcony!

Our new stateroom-a quiet one with a balcony

Just before takeoff from Skagway


I got to sit front middle-the perks of being petite


We walked on the glacier!


I found gold!

2 comments:

Ford Family said...

First of all, I'm glad you got a camera to take these pics! Wow, that looks like so much fun! Scott's always wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska. Someday we will! Jenni, you look great! :o)

Kaitlin said...

this makes me so excited for our alaska cruise!