THE WICKLEY FAMILY

Aaron, Jennilee, Gabriel, and Joshua

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos

So we are back in the states now. Our trip to El Salvador was AWESOME! Probably our favorite vacation thus far. No pictures, though. Funny story, on our last afternoon there, I walked out onto the rocks to take pictures of Aaron surfing and when he was paddling in, I tried to jump into the water and swim in with him. However, I underestimated how many rocks there were, lost my footing, and got tumbled around for a while in the rocks and the waves. So I'm all beat up and we can't find our brand new waterproof camera that we bought for the trip and lost over 100 pics. What a bummer to end our vacation. Still the best vacation we've ever had though.
Some good news, Aaron was able to buy awesome pics from a few pro photographers there so I can put up some cool pics of Aaron surfing when I get back to San Antonio tomorrow. Also some hope, I had taken some pics of some friends we met from Santa Cruz so I actually put the first 58 pics onto their laptop. But now they can't find them. But hopefully they do so I can salvage the first half of our trip photos.
We got into DC last night and it took 1 1/2 hours to go through customs and get our bags and catch our hotel shuttle, so we didn't get to our hotel until 3:30AM. Now I have to fly home to San Antonio this afternoon and I can not wait to see Gabriel. I miss him so much! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics later. The waves were amazing and the scenery just gorgeous!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Hope you're okay. That sounds scary. That is totally a bummer that you lost the camera though. Hopefully your friends can find the pictures on their laptop.